Thread: KDE 4.4 + Drag Windows to Rotate Cube

Default KDE 4.4 + Drag Windows to Rotate Cube

Hi there,

I was wondering, on older versions of KDE, I was able to drag a window to the edge of the desktop to have my Cube Rotate and then place the window on the following desktop space.

However, with the new Windows 7-esque resizing features of KDE 4.4, I can't seem to do this.

Does anyone know of a way around this?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE 4.4 + Drag Windows to Rotate Cube

You can drag it from the task bar
    grab the window in question over the desktop pager you want it in
    Only thing is Tab go with it, so if you use Tabs like me, not so useful.
    My openSUSE 13.1 KDE Box
    My Articles
    Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Actually, I stumbled on what I was looking for.

In System Settings > Desktop under Screen Edges you have to deselect both maximize options in order to allow dragging between desktops. Thanks though..

I have a related question however, how you you make the taskbar only show the applications open on THEIR desktop (Right now I see all the applications I have open across all desktops, which I don't like). Again, I knew I could do this with KDE 4.3.4, but now I can't seem to remember how in 4.4

EDIT: Found it. Right Click Task Manager > Task Manager Settings (I was looking in Panel Options)

Quote Originally Posted by LostChild1 View Post
    Actually, I stumbled on what I was looking for.

In System Settings > Desktop under Screen Edges you have to deselect both maximize options in order to allow dragging between desktops. Thanks though..

I have a related question however, how you you make the taskbar only show the applications open on THEIR desktop (Right now I see all the applications I have open across all desktops, which I don't like). Again, I knew I could do this with KDE 4.3.4, but now I can't seem to remember how in 4.4

EDIT: Found it. Right Click Task Manager > Task Manager Settings (I was looking in Panel Options)
    Brilliant! I was going to install Compiz to get this loveliness!, TY TY + reps added!

NOW! How do I SPIN the cube, ie show it to look like a cube in 3d and turn it to show the workspace desired?

I know this is silly eye-candy, but show it to a MSWindoze user and their knees go weak and they start asking questions...
    The first question is usually "Is that Windows 7?"
    I like to do this when working in the library, a quiet audience sometimes forms looking over my shoulder, all gagging to ask, and not daring!

openSUSE 13.2 RC1 'Harlequin'(kernel 3.16.3-1) /KDE 4.14.1/NVidia 6150/304.123/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600/4Gb DDR2 RAM

Hi,

I believe that would be ctrl+f11. You have to have the Desktop Cube plugin enabled though in order to access this feature.

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Smile Re: KDE 4.4 + Drag Windows to Rotate Cube

Quote Originally Posted by ijbreakey View Post
    Hi,

I believe that would be ctrl+f11. You have to have the Desktop Cube plugin enabled though in order to access this feature.

Take Care,

Ian
    Cheers Ian, that does indeed do it but pressing ctrl F11 and dragging mouse is clunky, Compiz was ctrl-alt and drag, easier with only the average number of hands avaialble!
    I will look in to re-mapping keys for this!

openSUSE 13.2 RC1 'Harlequin'(kernel 3.16.3-1) /KDE 4.14.1/NVidia 6150/304.123/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600/4Gb DDR2 RAM