Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiki transition - Call for contributors

Exclamation Wiki transition - Call for contributors

Community,

since October 2009, the Wiki and Booster Teams are working hard on our Wiki Usability
    Concept. In the meantime, most of the preparation and organizational work has been done
    and we're looking forward to populate a new wiki instance with the existing content we
    have while adopting it to our new QA standards.

That said, we're in desperate need of volunteers that'd be willing to help us in migrating
    and QA checking the considerable amount of content we have. If it turns out that enough
    Community Members are willing to step up and contribute, we think about providing a mentoring
    session for everyone interested in helping us.

What needs to be done?
    ALL content we have in the Wiki - trust me, it's a whole lot - needs to be reviewed for validity,
    it needs to be adopted to standard templates we defined to ensure a consistent look&feel
    across all wiki pages and it needs to be flagged "QA check passed". In order to do this with
    the whole wiki (the english content at first glance) we're more or less dependent on your support.

Interested to contribute to universe domination?
    Please announce your general availablity here or at the opensuse-wiki mailinglist (you
    need to be subscribed in order to do this). As soon as we have enough volunteers on board the wiki
    seniors will coordinate this whole effort and assign definite responsibilities to you.

To subscribe to the opensuse-wiki mailinglist please write an email to:
    opensuse-wiki+subscribe@opensuse.org

To get a general idea of the mission we have to accomplish, please have a look at the Transition
    guidelines we worked out at Transition Guidelines - openSUSE

Thanks a lot in advance!
    R

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wiki transition - Call for contributors

You can have my support to the extent possible, as busy as I am. +1
    My openSUSE 13.1 KDE Box
    My Articles
    Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    You can have my support to the extent possible, as busy as I am. +1
    Thank you caf4926, we certainly appreciate it.

I look forward to seeing more of you join.

Think about this for a sec.

How many of you have complained that the wiki needs work? How many of you have complained that the wiki needs updating? Well, now is your chance to jump in and be part of making 1) this wiki yours 2) improving the wiki. We have been working on it for sometime, and we have quite a team, but we still need your help.

Even if your a newbie, don't feel like you can't contribute. You can still jump in. So whether you have been doing Linux since August 1991 or just started today, you can jump in and help. Any help is appreciated.

If you have questions, you can contact rhorstkoetter, myself, or other seniors on the mailing list.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.

Blog Entries

Rupert and Jonathan,

No worries. But you may have to present me with a job sheet, so to speak. Like: "Here is a plate of Cruddy stuff, please make something of it". Just thinking about some of the older stuff there.
    I guess you'll have some method of assignment for new stuff.
    My openSUSE 13.1 KDE Box
    My Articles
    Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Well there would be a mentoring session , where all the wiki seniors would be guiding ,thus helping and assigning out the task.Which would be done after the amount of volunteers are fulfilled.So still some time left

As I have contributed iin the past, after the forums merger, to create at least one new wiki from several old ones and also have started a completly new one, I will try to participate active in their future status (and me maybe other ones).

So, write me down for what I am worth.
    Henk van Velden

Count me in.

Uwe

buckesfeld/hcw/caf4926,

as wwarlock already mentioned, we haven't assigned specific tasks to specific people (yet). I mean, we actually cannot before volunteers step up :-)
    That said, as I outlined before, we need volunteers to QA check ALL content we currently have in the wiki to meet our new defined standards. Our current masterplan can be found at Transition Guidelines - openSUSE

As soon as we have enough volunteers we can get started with a mentoring session and assign specific pages for review to you. The mentoring is certainly needed to make you aware of the new standards we have defined in order to empower you to make the reviewing job as appropriate as possible.

Thanks in advance for stepping up .. you're noted on the contributors list. I second what Jonathan_R said: everyone willing to help is much appreciated by the wiki team. You do not urgently need to be a Kickass Linux professional to do that job.

Best,
    R

Since I've already started re-writing the wiki page for Radeon, I'd like to continue helping out with other areas of the wiki.

Blog Entries

I'm willing to help out in any wiki that I created or that I have supported to date:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast