Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: openSUSE 11.2 and XBMC ?

Default openSUSE 11.2 and XBMC ?

I had xbmc installed under 11.1, I believe I installed it from Pacman.

I've done a clean install of 11.2, but can't seem to find xbmc anymore. Does anyone know where to find a package ?

2. Default Re: openSUSE 11.2 and XBMC ?

It took a while for XBMC to show up in Pacman for 11.1, so I'm presuming the same for 11.2.

There's always the option of building it from source...
    I'm confused...No, wait...Maybe I'm not...

Default Re: openSUSE 11.2 and XBMC ?

Tried building from source, but got into all sort of dependency issues I couldn't fix.

After some searching I found these for 11.1 : Software.openSUSE.org. I installed the third one and after that I only had to modify permissions on /usr/share/xbmc and it works.

Probably not the best way to do it, but I didn't find another way.

4. Default Re: openSUSE 11.2 and XBMC ?

I've been a bit hesitant to compile as well, but I think I'm going to give it a shot in the next week or so and see how it goes.

Seems it's not working perfectly after all, I can't get it to display covers and fanart and it crashes regularly.

If you get it to work by building it from source, please let me know how you did it, thanks.

I simply installed all the packages that the opensuse xbmc wiki page said to install. Trying to compile after that failed, but konsole output told me the packages I lacked. Installing them..ENCA, FLAC and a few others, I got it to compile. Now it runs perfectly. No trick to it.

PS: It was crashy last week, but that was due to the thetvdb servers being down. Somehow the inability of XBMC to scrape for tv show info got it to crash.

7. Default Re: openSUSE 11.2 and XBMC ?

There's something about needing a patch for the 64-bit version. I wonder if this is still needed for 11.2?

[QUOTE=nordlibris;2076355]I simply installed all the packages that the opensuse xbmc wiki page said to install. Trying to compile after that failed, but konsole output told me the packages I lacked. Installing them..ENCA, FLAC and a few others, I got it to compile. Now it runs perfectly. No trick to it.

I only wish that were the case when it is compiled on an EeePC 3 hours of config/compilation resulting in a non responsive binary.

Oh well guess I am waiting for Packman then.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigsBar View Post
    I only wish that were the case when it is compiled on an EeePC 3 hours of config/compilation resulting in a non responsive binary.

Oh well guess I am waiting for Packman then.
    non responsive binary: as in running 'xbmc' from the console and having no feeback at all ? No window created, no error message, no log, ... It just seems to hang.

After upgrading to 11.2 from 11.1 I had to recompile xbmc and since then it fails to run here... system is nvidia ION (intel atom + nvidia 9400gpu) which has the intel atom in common with the Eee I guess ?

This is driving me crazy. Thought some dependencies were outdated, so updated/reinstalled all deps (libGLEW etc) but to no avail

Quote Originally Posted by ilm_unique View Post
    non responsive binary: as in running 'xbmc' from the console and having no feeback at all ? No window created, no error message, no log, ... It just seems to hang.

After upgrading to 11.2 from 11.1 I had to recompile xbmc and since then it fails to run here... system is nvidia ION (intel atom + nvidia 9400gpu) which has the intel atom in common with the Eee I guess ?

This is driving me crazy. Thought some dependencies were outdated, so updated/reinstalled all deps (libGLEW etc) but to no avail
    Yep, that is EXACTLY the same symptom. Configure and compile all completed with no reported errors. When running XBMC from the Console indeed, no feedback, no XBMC no log nothing.

Other than 2 processes running and using upto 50% of available CPU resources (XBMC and XBMC.BIN)

I hope this is not an ATOM problem but yes this is an Atom equipped EeePC. Will try it on the x86_64 Phenom x4 at the weekend.

Craig

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast