Where to find workers.properties file?

Hi All,

I’m using tomcat 6 & SUSE 2.6.25.5-1.1, when I send a request to the server to generate a report, it’s generating without any issues, if the report takes more than 10 minutes then automatically the next thread starts to creating a new report, still the old thread running and after 10 min again a new thread starts. >:)
Experts advised, I need to configure the workers.properties - connection_pool_size=1 and mod_jk file to solve this, but couldn’t find these files anywhere. :’(

Please help me on this.

I can see the below files in the path - /etc/apache2
mod_tidy.conf
mod_usertrack.conf
mod_userdir.conf
mod_status.conf
mod_mime-defaults.conf
mod_log_config.conf
mod_info.conf
mod_autoindex-defaults.conf
mod_perl-startup.pl

Thanks in advance
Raj.

It should be in /etc/tomcat6/worker.properties. But do you have tomcat6 installed and in use? You seem to be only using Apache and if you are not using tomcat6 then your experts are talking rubbish.

Hi ken_yap,

Yes, tomcat 6 installed and in use. I can see the below files in the path - /etc/tomcat6
web.xml
server.xml
logging.properties
context.xml
catalina.properties
catalina.policy
tomcat6.conf
tomcat-users.xml

Can I simply create the workers.properties in the path?

Thanks
Raj

The worker.properties file, at least the one that I have, is referenced from jk.conf, which is used by the apache-tomcat connector module. One of the things it’s used to do is specify a load balancing connector. So it’s not just a matter of creating it, you also have to put the appropriate directives in it, to get load balancing.