Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox broken after stupid update

Unhappy Firefox broken after stupid update

Hi!

After updating my system firefox doesn't works and puts the next error in terminal: "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.1.3 and 1.9.1.3."

I've been searching/reading in forums and no solution found. Any ideas?

(removing .mozilla directory doesn't solve my problem)

Also Kaffeine change the look it has, and it is not yet my default videoplayer.... is there a way to know what have i changed (log or something similar??)

My System:
    Opensuse 11.1 64 bits
    Kde 4.3.1 release 165

Default Re: Firefox broken after stupid update

You haven't been looking too well

When you update firefox you also need to update xulrunner to appropriate version. Make sure that xulrunner was also updated.
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

Blog Entries

Also you fetched a kaffeine update from kde4 factory, you need to switch back to Packman, the kde4 version will not work.
    My openSUSE 13.1 KDE Box
    My Articles
    Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

To BenderBendingRodriguez: xulrunner is updated too. I have the mozilla repo on. I think it's time to buy a new hdd and do some cleaning and upgrading.....

ps. do you speak spanish? i'm spanish and i think i can explain better in that language....

to caf 4926: i've just upgraded down kaffeine and it works ok again, thanks a lot....

Hmmm, not really though i plan to learn it

So you have firefox and xulrunner installed? I propose to UNinstall both firefox and any xulrunner version 1.9.x

Then install firefox again, which should pull appropriate xulrunner version and save it somewhere on the working part of the disk
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

Maybe disabling the mozilla repo, and "downgrading" to the current stable version would also help?

I had that same error message when I tried the newer Firefox version, and decided to downgrade it again.
    HP dv6645, Nvidia 8400m-gs, KDE 4.

Blog Entries

If you actually have the Mozilla repo and have priority 99 on it and the same on Updates. If Updates provides a new package then it will use it, if you let it. This should not be a problem.
    See my screen
    My openSUSE 13.1 KDE Box
    My Articles

I can't uninstall firefox and xulrunner because yast gives me a lot of error of dependencies. (or downgrade KDE 4.3 to 4.1). Is it possible to uninstall and then reinstall in command line forgetting the dependencies? is it too risky?

I'm gonna try that growbag says, it's simple and nice. i like this solution. hope it works

Blog Entries

@Ivanjn
    Please give us the result of this:

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    My openSUSE 13.1 KDE Box
    My Articles

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    @Ivanjn
    Please give us the result of this:

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    # | Alias | Nombre | Activado | Actualizar | Prioridad | Tipo | URI | Servicio
    ---+---------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+----------+------------+-----------+--------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------
    1 | Compiz_&_XGL | Compiz & XGL | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.1 |
    2 | Contrib | Contrib | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/Contrib/openSUSE_11.1 |
    3 | Emulators | Emulators | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Emulators/openSUSE_11.1 |
    4 | JAVA | JAVA | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Java:/packages/openSUSE_11.1 |
    5 | KDE_4_Community | KDE 4 Community | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory_Desktop |
    6 | KDE_4_Core_Packages | KDE 4 Core Packages | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1 |
    7 | mozilla | mozilla | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1 |
    8 | repo | NVIDIA Repository | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.1 |
    9 | repo_1 | Repositorio principal (NON-OSS) | Si | Si | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
    10 | repo_10 | BuildService de openSUSE - Juegos | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.1 |
    11 | repo_11 | BuildService de openSUSE - Mozilla | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1 |
    12 | repo_12 | Repositorio Principal de Actualizaciones | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.1 |
    13 | repo_13 | VideoLan Repository | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.1/ |
    14 | repo_14 | Packman Repository | No | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1 |
    15 | repo_2 | Repositorio principal (OSS) | Si | Si | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    16 | repo_3 | BuildService de openSUSE - GNOME:Comunidad | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    17 | repo_4 | BuildService de openSUSE - GNOME:ESTABLE | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1 |
    18 | repo_5 | BuildService de openSUSE - KDE:Adaptaciones (backports) | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.1 |
    19 | repo_6 | BuildService de openSUSE - KDE:Comunidad | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    20 | repo_7 | BuildService de openSUSE - Mono:Comunidad | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Mono:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    21 | repo_8 | BuildService de openSUSE - OpenOffice.org | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1 |
    22 | repo_9 | BuildService de openSUSE - X11:Compiz | Si | Si | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/Compiz/openSUSE_11.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast