Suse Studio

I just felt like sharing with anyone who has not tried it, that suse studio is great! You can literally set it up exactly how you want it from the base of your choosing at the click of a mouse. I recommend everyone try it. I created my very own SLED 11 base. RamSLED! :open_mouth:

must:(
get:(
invitation :frowning:

Yup, need invitation.
I register before for it, got the openID through invitation but when tried to login. Login failed. Then today, i tried to register again with gmail account, it says, you are already registered. So it mean, my record is already there.
I donā€™t, how to get the new openID to login.:frowning:
Any ideas?

the service is already open as of a few days ago. If you register now itā€™ll send you a mail in a matter of minutes if not sooner

Thanks microchip.
I did that, but it keep saying: you are already registered.
It mean, i have to use yahoo account now(b4 gmail) to make new account in suse studio.

did you try to login with your old mail?
if you canā€™t, then you need to use a new mail account. I donā€™t know how to activate a previous invitation account though

Clicking here and thereā€¦rotfl!
Wowā€¦i got it working with old invitation code with gmail account.
Thanks.

microchip8 wrote:
> the service is already open as of a few days ago. If you register now
> itā€™ll send you a mail in a matter of minutes if not sooner

wrong, i just got: ā€œSUSE Studio is currently available to invited
users only. Request an invitation on our user sign in page, and weā€™ll
send you an email soon!ā€

then i try to sign in and i get ā€œError: You have already signed up at
2009-0ā€¦ā€

so, i signed up again, this time with a different email addressā€¦and,
have now waited over an hour (which is more than ā€œa matter of
minutesā€?) for an invitation to zing into here!!

and, it has notā€¦

ā€“
brassy

Not according to this: The Blog of Cornelius: SUSE Studio Launch

and this: NOVELL: Novell Open PR Ā» Blog Archive Ā» Your invitation to the SUSE Appliance Program

and this: Hands-on: Linux appliances made easy with SUSE Studio - Ars Technica

and this: http://www.dissociatedpress.net/2009/07/28/linux-your-way-with-suse-studio/

and this: http://nat.org/blog/2009/07/suse-studio-10/

and this: http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2009/Jul-28.html

and this: http://www.decriptor.com/2009/07/28/suse-studio-launch/

and this: http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/07/28/suse-studio-launch-and-opensuse/

Check the news before claiming something being wrong. SUSE studio IS open to everyone. Why you canā€™t register or get no email, I donā€™t know. Maybe a problem with their system?

what can i say??

i now have two requests in, and continue to waitā€“despite what the
news readsā€¦or your report that iā€™d have ā€œa mail in a matter of
minutes if not soonerā€ā€¦

ā€“
brassy

I dunno if itā€™s launched or not, I just know that I got original access through an invitation. I couldnā€™t log onto it without it, and that was just a mere few days ago. If they opened it to all, perhaps they should get their own memo?

yep, microchip8 suddenly fell silent in this threadā€¦and, i think i
know why.

ā€“
goldie

And why is that? You think I can be here all day and night long just to follow some random threads? Fact is, they have opened Studio or they wonā€™t advertise and write about it. Why people canā€™t get accounts yet, I have no idea since Iā€™m not part of the team. I suggest contacting those responsible and ask there

I hate when people assume on their own and go like ā€œhe fell silent, I think I know whyā€. Yeah, like youā€™re over here with me or in my head to know why I went silent for some hours.

The reason why I said youā€™ll get one is because a commenter on the Ars Technica article got just that. Registered and got an invitation in a matter of minutes. I donā€™t have a crystal ball to know why others canā€™t

as it turns out i got an invitation for my second request, not in
minutes but in about 27 hoursā€¦and, about an hour later i got an
invitation for the request i made over a month agoā€¦

evidentially, when they opened it up (as you said they had) they
filled requests in reverse orderā€¦newest requests firstā€¦so, i guess
the Ars Technica article writer just lucked outā€¦

or the invitation was rigged for him to get a fast responseā€¦

ā€“
goldie

Hi
Iā€™ve always used my novell login name/passwd?

ā€“
Cheers Malcolm Ā°ĀæĀ° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.25-0.1-default
up 5 days 1:41, 2 users, load average: 0.32, 0.99, 0.93
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 185.18.14

It is still invite only as to not flood the system is my guess. That decriptor guy on his blog, Decriptorā€™s Blog, was offering invites :slight_smile:

Hi!
Please can anybody send me an invitationā€¦
I have tried from the website a week ago, and there is still now answer.
dima206@one.lv

just sent you an invite

Likewiseā€¦ also looking for an invite. Put in a request about 48 hours ago, but no dice yet. If anyone could forward one along that would be outstanding.

send me your email