Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Ping Kim - nntp post length.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    16,452
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Ping Kim - nntp post length.

    Hi Kim
    I'm preparing some HowTo's with images for submission. If I post via
    nntp, will the whole post go through the system ok as one page? There
    will be some 19 images and text?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.19-3.2-pae
    up 1 day 15:59, 1 user, load average: 0.29, 0.12, 0.04
    ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME


  2. #2
    deConficter NNTP User

    Default Re: Ping Kim - nntp post length.

    Malcolm wrote:
    > Hi Kim
    > I'm preparing some HowTo's with images for submission. If I post via
    > nntp, will the whole post go through the system ok as one page? There
    > will be some 19 images and text?


    hmmmm: were you planning to send a text message in html format via
    nntp, or what?

    hmmmmm2: any usable 19 images in one nntp posting is gonna be one HUGE
    file...i bet it chokes, big time..

    wait: it is *not* possible to post images via the web interface, and i
    highly doubt it is possible to do so via the nntp route..

    --
    deConficter

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    16,452
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Ping Kim - nntp post length.

    Quote Originally Posted by deConficter
    Malcolm wrote:
    > Hi Kim
    > I'm preparing some HowTo's with images for submission. If I post via
    > nntp, will the whole post go through the system ok as one page? There
    > will be some 19 images and text?


    hmmmm: were you planning to send a text message in html format via
    nntp, or what?

    hmmmmm2: any usable 19 images in one nntp posting is gonna be one HUGE
    file...i bet it chokes, big time..

    wait: it is *not* possible to post images via the web interface, and i
    highly doubt it is possible to do so via the nntp route..
    Hi
    No, they are links to images... The web interface limit is 4 in the
    howto's which is how I did it in the end.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.19-3.2-pae
    up 1 day 19:49, 1 user, load average: 0.19, 0.12, 0.11
    ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Utah, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Posts
    5,798
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Ping Kim - nntp post length.

    NNTP limit is total message size in lines. It's close to being 2mb
    depending on the type of data sent. It sure sounds like what you are
    wanting fits more on a wiki than a forum though.

    --
    Kim (4/6/2009 3:15:55 PM Mountain)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    16,452
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Ping Kim - nntp post length.

    Quote Originally Posted by kgroneman
    NNTP limit is total message size in lines. It's close
    to being 2mb depending on the type of data sent. It sure sounds like
    what you are wanting fits more on a wiki than a forum though.
    Hi Kim
    Well I did post it via the web over 6 pages...(about 15K text)

    They were just links to images.

    Have a look in the submissions, if you think it's too big, then please
    remove it and will try the wiki (never used it...)

    I was planning on doing one for evolution as well?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.19-3.2-pae
    up 1 day 21:09, 1 user, load average: 0.37, 0.25, 0.11
    ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Utah, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Posts
    5,798
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Ping Kim - nntp post length.

    Hey Malcolm:

    >if you think it's too big, then please
    >remove it and will try the wiki


    If the forum took it, then I have no problem with it.

    --
    Kim (4/7/2009 2:32:36 PM Mountain)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    16,452
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Ping Kim - nntp post length.

    Quote Originally Posted by kgroneman
    Hey Malcolm:
    If the forum took it, then I have no problem with it.
    Hi Kim
    OK, thanks

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.19-3.2-pae
    up 2 days 20:04, 1 user, load average: 0.23, 0.19, 0.18
    ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •