Would this be a double-post?

I had a problem with hardware & I wrote about it. Then I had a fix that only lasted for one restart. I thought that if the fix made it through a reboot it was fine, & posted it as a fix. It did not survive a shutdown then startup 10 hours later. This happened yesterday.
I have since found a better more permanent fix that has survived both a reboot & a shutdown.
Would it be double posting if I were to write a corrected post in Hardware? Or in the How to section?
The post I wrote originally is here:
http://forums.opensuse.org/hardware/409414-numlock-kde-startup-no-longer-starts-kde.html

I don’t see how it could be.

Double posts are usually where a user posts the SAME question in more than one part of the Forum or repeatedly in the same forum section. All in an effort to (presumably) grab attention.

Your reasons seem legitimate and appropriate to me. But maybe a mod can offer better advice. I don’t profess to have encyclopedic knowledge of the forum rules.

• Sagemta,

please just post a follow-up/reply in the original thread. This way people have to read more, but they get the whole story.

Thanks
Uwe

In a bleary-eyed state I didn’t see this line,

Your reasons seem legitimate and appropriate to me. But maybe a mod can offer better advice. I don’t profess to have encyclopedic knowledge of the forum rules.
in caf’s reply & went ahead & posted in the How to FAQ section.

After seeing Buckfeld’s reply I put a link to the How to FAQ in my original post. Am I in trouble now?
Another thing until today I thought caf was a Mod.
I am very sorry for jumping like I did,& will accept all responsibility for my action & inattentiveness.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Whilst Mod’s are there to see rules are applied, they are human! And are sure to see the situation for what it is. I’m certain no harm has been done.

Mod’s are clearly identified under their username.:wink:

Caf,
Yes & clear vision on the forum member’s would be a help.:wink:
We all are human,definitely. In my case I was so tired,but fired up that the fix I found, I found all by myself. It was a true case of post 1st ask questions later :slight_smile:

On 03/07/2009 Sagemta wrote:
> We all are human,definitely.

You guys are really making false assumptions <G>

Uwe

Uwe,

By the looks of that avatar you need some good food inside you. Or at the very least a resurrection.
The skeleton definitely looks Human - You have that going for you;)

So I’m guessing,that my assumption that I’m in truoble with the Opensuse forums is false.
One thing that is undeniable, Buck you really need to eat there,dudelol!

• Sagemta wrote, On 03/09/2009 09:06 PM:

> So I’m guessing,that my assumption that I’m in truoble with the
> Opensuse forums is false.

Absolutely, yes. Your work is much appreciated.

> One thing that is undeniable, Buck you really need to eat
> there,dudelol!

Actually my vet recommends a diet <G>

Uwe