Tool to find duplicate images?

On windows I had several tools that would search through directories and find images and photos that had the same content, even if their resolutions and amount of whitespace, for instance, varied. Does anyone know any such tools for Linux? This is opposed to classic file comparison tools which just compare the data in the file and not how it appears on screen.

gqview has some kind of duplicate detector, haven’t played with it recently.

Gwenview for Kde3.5 has a plugin made for checking duplicate images, and it works very well.

Is there a way to get the gwenview plugin to check folders recursively, or even just search two particular folders? I can only seem to get it to search a single folder.

Not exactly what you want, … but there is dupfinder …
PackMan :: Informationen zum Paket dupfinder

I’ve never used it myself, but saw it on Packman the other day.

Thanks, but that won’t do what I want. It searches for files whose data, the actually bytes it contains, are the same. I want something that looks for pictures with similar patterns of lines, colors, or some other features independent of what the actual binary data of the file looks like. I actually already have dupfinder installed for doing data-based comparisons.

I used the duplicate photo remover which is called Clone Remover. And I solved my problem. It works not only with the pictures. What do you think about it?

@Rose82

We are talking about a linux application. Think first then post.

DigiKam now has a ‘find duplicates’ tool. The developers have worked hard to make this a quality photo management app.

Here is a tool to find and remove duplicates with an accuracy in a minute, Duplicate photo remover helped me to find and remove the duplicate images from the pc, it has a great features like instant preview that allow you to select tha file before deleting them or move.

Download Free : Duplicate Image Finder - Delete duplicate pictures, Delete duplicate photos

jean3167 wrote:

> Here is a tool to find and remove duplicates with an accuracy in a
> minute, Duplicate photo remover

Also gqview and digikam can do this.
Choiches :slight_smile:

Chris Maaskant