After adjusting screen resolution desktop doesnt start

As and advanced beginner I had adjusted SaX2 in Dual Head Xinerama mode, and it worked just fine. Recently I noticed that the resolution for one of the screens was set wrong / 1280x960. So I set it to the actually correct 1280x1024. Since then OpenSuse hasnt started up into the KDE desktop, but only to console :O. I can start up to KDE user interface in Failsafe mode, yet there I cant enter into SaX2 in order to adjust the screen resolution. Can anyone offer a step to step method for at least reseting SaX2 to the original default settings so that KDE opens up on one screen at least, then I could take it from there.

1. At grub screen select opensuse and just type 3. You’ll get text mode.

2. Login as regular user.

3. Type su and enter root password which is same as user password.

4. Type sax2 -p which will return either 0 or 1.

5. If 0, type sax2 -m 0=vesa. If 1, sax2 -m 1=vesa

6. Sax2 will open where you can adjust the screen resolution. Save it. Come back to text mode.

7. Type exit

8. Type start x

9. You should be able to get kde now.

Thanks so much, freedguy, I got KDE running again with the method you described. What has changed, though, is that now sax2 only recognises one of my two screens :. I am using a TravelMate 2410 Laptop with an Intel 915 GM chipset and an external Fujitsu Siemens 19" Screen. When the screen is plugged in, it is recognised, but not the Laptot screen, when the external screen is plugged out, the laptop screen is recognised. But dual head mode is disabled („No configuration available“) in sax2 in both cases, so I can establish neither clone nor dual head mode. Can anyone out there tell me what is missing and which are the steps to repair the system?

Wow, I actually managed getting both screens going using sax2 -r. My next problem is that my system now only shows clone mode, even though I have set Xinerama mode with two screens in sax2. What might be the problem here?