Thread: To Do List embedded in KDE Desktop

Default To Do List embedded in KDE Desktop

Hi,

I am looking for a very simple stand alone todo list editor that will sit on my desktop. Something as simple as an embedded or floating text box on my desktop would do it. I have searched high and low on the interweb and kde-apps (didn't like any of the superkaramba ones I tried) and don't like the solutions with my current calendar (sunbird synced with google calendar).

I am running SUSE 11.0 with KDE 3.5 (tried KDE 4 but don't think it's ready for me to switch over).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: To Do List embedded in KDE Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by jseabold View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for a very simple stand alone todo list editor that will sit on my desktop. Something as simple as an embedded or floating text box on my desktop would do it. I have searched high and low on the interweb and kde-apps (didn't like any of the superkaramba ones I tried) and don't like the solutions with my current calendar (sunbird synced with google calendar).

I am running SUSE 11.0 with KDE 3.5 (tried KDE 4 but don't think it's ready for me to switch over).

Does anyone have any ideas?
    What I do is install "Basket'; when opened it resides in the systray. Under "General" I make "To_Do". I also have "My Notes" & "My New Notes", etc.

Kontact is a PIM with calendar, todo and alarms, etc. which is way more than I need.

There are others
    nForce5, AMD 5600+; HP dv9700z, AMD "Puma"; both openSUSE 11.1 x86-64

Quote Originally Posted by jseabold View Post
    Something as simple as an embedded or floating text box on my desktop would do it.
    KNotes might do the trick if that's all you need?

Awesome. Both are very helpful. KNotes would be perfect minus the thumbtack and if I could set the background to transparent. Basket is more full featured, and I will play around with it to see if it will be the easiest.

I thought about having a look at Gnome's Tasque, Chandler, and Thinking Rock.

Will update on my favorite.

Conky was exactly what I was looking for. I can now replace gkrellm with a transparent alternative embedded into the desktop too.

See a good how-to here: Step By Step: Customize Conky for Ambient Linux Productivity