Cannot move folder

Hi guys, Linux noob here. This may seem like a small thing, but it is driving me nuts.

I am running SUSE 11, and I recently downloaded a splash screen to install, but whenever I go to etc/bootsplash/theme and try to copy the folder for the splash screen, it tells me:

[quote]The folder “Aurora_black” cannot be copied because you do not have permissions to create it in the destination.[quote]

How do I fix this?

I appreciate any and all help!

kmenu - system - filemanager - file manager -superuser mode should sort that out

Andy

Don’t see how to set SuperUser (sorry, I am a noob). Also, I am running with GNOME if that makes a difference.

Running “Konqueror” (the file manager) in super user mode is a menu option in KDE (not sure how to do it in GNOME).

I’m a KDE user too. So I can’t help you with gnome. The permission issue merely states that you are a user and not an administrator. So you have to become root for some time. If you are not afraid of using the commandline you can copy your files/folder to their destination while you are root.

sudo cp /path/where/your/folder/is /etc/bootsplash/themes 

You’ll be asked to enter the root password, which is the same as your user password until you didn’t give an extra password for root during the installation.