Thread: no video when compiz is enabled

Default no video when compiz is enabled

i m using suse 11 , i've compiled latest xine libs ,and i use kaffine to play videos. when i enable compiz kaffine stops showing video.if i try to open xine ui than it crashes .if compiz is disabled then everything works fine .

i dont know what to do ???????

Default Re: no video when compiz is enabled

What is your video card? Is it an intel? If so, executing xine from a terminal, do you receive this error:
    X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

If it happens have a look to this tread: X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources - openSUSE Forums

its intel 954G ,yes i m executing xine frm terminal ,but error i m getting is different ,

Could you post the errors you get?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sanidhya23 View Post
    i m using suse 11 , i've compiled latest xine libs ,and i use kaffine to play videos. when i enable compiz kaffine stops showing video.if i try to open xine ui than it crashes .if compiz is disabled then everything works fine .
    Typically users install the packman libxine1, instead of compiling their own xine. Also, with "special desktop effects" most users report they need to select the "x11" video module with their multimedia video players, and not the "xv".

thnks a lot for info ,
    i did some search i tried enabling xshm video drivers on xine (while disabling compiz) again i enabled everything ,now the things are working fine .I've intel p4 1.6 Ghz Dual core and only 512 Mb RAM ,in this limited configuration ,i m able to run the compiz effects beautifully, hats off to SUSE