iwl3945 module down...can't connect to wireless AD Hodc

Hey guys…

Im newbie in linux, so sorry for lame questions.

When i use the command lsmod, the iwl3945 driver appears with a ‘0’. I read it means it’s not up, correct? It should appear with a ‘2’.

I tried typing modprobe iwl3945, but had no effect.

Since I installed Opensuse 11, I couldnt connect to my wireless Ad Hoc. So I have to stick with the Windows Vista, which is not cool at all =P

I’m using a Dell Vostro 1400, with Intel 3945 wireless card, Opensuse 11 gnome.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT –

Oh I just rememberd, I installed the compat-drivers, is that the reason why iwl is down? Lol, sorry if it is…but still, no connection!

mig akira wrote:
> Hey guys…
>
> Im newbie in linux, so sorry for lame questions.
>
> When i use the command lsmod, the iwl3945 driver appears with a ‘0’. I
> read it means it’s not up, correct? It should appear with a ‘2’.
>
> I tried typing modprobe iwl3945, but had no effect.
>
> Since I installed Opensuse 11, I couldnt connect to my wireless Ad Hoc.
> So I have to stick with the Windows Vista, which is not cool at all =P
>
> I’m using a Dell Vostro 1400, with Intel 3945 wireless card, Opensuse
> 11 gnome.

The lsmod number is the count of modules that are using iwl3945. Zero
is the correct number.

To find out if the interface is up, use ifconfig.

Larry

Oh I see, sorry!

Well it is up, but I can’t connect. I can see the network, but when I try to connect, it keeps asking for the password…I tried to use no password at all, but still no connection…

I tried a few steps to connect via command line, but when I entered dhclient wlan0 or something it failed after a few tries…

check to see which module is being used in yast. is your card intel pro wireless 3945 abg? if so try the driver iwlwifi or ipw3945.

seems to me u r dual booting with Windows. Mine is a Vostro 1500 with the same wireless card and had the same exact problem. Disable Power management from Device Manager in windows and off you go…Wireless ready
Wireless will not work when dual-boot with Windows XP | SUSE & openSUSE