Login still a riddle

I know there are already several threads about the login bugs/features in this forum. I try to live with it, but I have new strange efects.

Sometimes (today for the second time) when I enter the forum (mostly direct to a thread from the RSS feed) I am of course not loged in. When I click the log in (upper right) the same page is simply loaded and I am still NOT loged in! Clicking around to other pages and trying anew repeats the problem.

For completeness I have to mention that I have either no other open browser window to the forums or all this happens in a window that I left alone for some time (probably longer then the hour mentioned in some other threads).

I then went to my Konqueror configuration and deleted all cookies for opensuse.org. Now I click login … surprise … the page reloads, but I am loged in WITHOUT providing user/password (did not even get the login screen so Kwallet did nothing here).

I am not sure if this behaviour is a security leak for opensus.org, but I am sure that deleting the cookies several times a day is not making me happy :mad: .

When I click reply to a thread while not logged in, I get redirected to a log in prompt. After logging in, instead of getting redirected to the reply to thread screen the following appears:

403 Forbidden
This site does not support HTTPS. Please try again using HTTP.

In order to reply I need to use one of my other site instances, refresh, click into the thread and then reply.

Neophyte42,

> After logging in, instead of getting redirected to
> the reply to thread screen the following appears:
>
> 403 Forbidden
> This site does not support HTTPS. Please try again using HTTP.

I’m not seeing this. I’ve tested it multiple times with multiple user IDs in
multiple threads. Can you give me any other specifics about this that can
help me reproduce it and track it down?

Today, I couldn’t login, it always led me to [noparse]http://forums.opensuse.org//[/noparse], after restarting firefox, it worked

some-guy,

> Today, I couldn’t login, it always led me to
> http://forums.opensuse.org//, after restarting
> firefox, it worked

Sometimes the cookies create problems and deleting them fixes it. We’re
still trying to track that one down.